11 July 2012

Aah, what can I say for today? It's a just a usual routine for me. Hmm, never mind my boring routine, for I'll talk on something else: Pen spinning!!

I don't know much but the trend of spinning pen got to me around the middle of last year, meaning that I've been a pen spinner for almost a year! Yeah, and I still think I'm very bad at it no matter how I look at it.

Okay, when I say pen spinning, what I mean is the activity of spinning pens that are oddly longer than they need to be. The pictures below shows several of the pen mods(modified pens) that are pretty popular among pen spinners.

Spinnerpeem's Buster CYL
RSVP MX
Dr. KT

Now then, the tricks.There are several fundamentals that every pen spinners have to learn first. The tricks are:
1. Charge

2. Around (In this case, it's a ThumbAround)

3. Finger Pass

4. Last but not least, the Sonic.

There you go, the fundamentals. But no, it doesn't stop here! After the fundamentals, pen spinners are free to combine the moves and execute hybrid moves! As an example, Sonic Rise is a hybrid trick consisting of 2 Sonics executed in succession, that is Sonic 34-23 followed up with Sonic 23-12.


And no, this is not the end, yet!! X D
For there is something called "combo", pen spinning can be brought into a whole new level!!
For example, please refer to the video below:


Crazy, right? It's so full of power and smoothness, as expected of a professional! Now I am pondering on when I'll reach his caliber. . . Oh, the path of pen spinning is harder than expected! If you want to learn pen spinning, do feel free to consult me~ ^ o ^


Random fact #1: Sea slugs obtain their colours and poisons from consuming sea anemones.

2 comments: